Sunday, October 18, 2009

Final installment of (belated) cruise photos.

Day 7 began with the ship pulling into port in Palma de Majorca, Spain. We spent the day visiting a beautiful cathedral and the Caves of Drach.


(This beautiful rainbow was flooding large sections of the cathedral because of the angle of the sun through the stained glass windows).


It is impossible to describe how amazing the caves were. At the end of a 15-minute walk through this labyrinthine cave system, there is an auditorium built right next to an underground lake. Gondoliers maneuver boats over the lake while an orchestra trio plays hauntingly beautiful music. Truly breathtaking!


And of course, on our last night aboard the ship, we dressed up for a farewell dinner... (sorry the lighting is terrible and I've had no luck fixing it!).

(For those who don't know, that is the dress I wore at our wedding reception 7.5 years ago).



On our last day (Day 8), we spent the whole day touring Barcelona. Neither of us had ever visited that city before, and we were totally blown away. We absolutely must get back there someday. We were tired and didn't take many pictures, but we visited a re-creation of a Spanish village, the Olympic stadium and museum, and saw a lot of amazing architecture. It was a very full day.








After all that, we flew home, exhausted but happy!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing, Vicky! I've already told Jason I want to do this for our 10 year anniversary next year. Thanks for sharing.
    - Karen Kohn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I "heart" Barcelona! Love all the pics, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete