Friday, March 19, 2010

Drive-by bb shooting!

Yep, it happened to me. Wednesday afternoon I was minding my own business, walking along State Street in Salt Lake City, when some yahoos in a car drove by me and shot me in the leg with a bb.

First, I am fine, absolutely fine. Second, thank goodness the kids weren't with me... I had just walked that same stretch of street not 5 minutes before with the kids. I dropped them off at Daddy-J's office and walked back up to Discount Tire to pick up the Suburban, which was having a tire fixed.

After I called the police, I went to the ER up in Park City (didn't want to wait at the ER down in Salt Lake) and they had me taken care of quickly and efficiently.

Here's the x-ray of the bb in my leg:



Because it's in so deep, they are just going to leave it there. And yes, I got a second opinion about that, everybody concurs: leave it in there.

Anyway, how's that for a dramatic way to break my posting drought?!

1 comment: