Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You can dye the blonde hair...

but it doesn't take the "blonde" out of the girl.

Recently, we sold my '05 Honda Pilot and bought a 2010 GMC Yukon XL.  See, I drive a carpool with 5 kids, regularly tote around 6 kids, and just needed something bigger, especially something that still had room for more than a bag of groceries when the third row seats were up.  Soo... YukonXL it was.


Anyway, so I've had the Yukon for a couple of weeks now, and I love it.  But tonight, it found a mind of its own.  I got home from karate, turned off the car, threw the keys in the console and got out of the car.  It beeped at me, and I thought "that's weird, I wonder what it's beeping about."  I got out, shut the doors, and they promptly locked themselves, with my keys inside!


So the first thing Daddy-J asked me was "where is the extra key?"  See, we paid $62 for an extra key when we bought the Yukon (who knew, fancy keys cost a lot!).  My response?  The extra key is on the key fob inside the car (brilliant, right?  And this isn't even the blonde moment!).


Next step: try the OnStar service that Gary, our fleet sales rep, told me was activated when we bought the car.  Nope... after calling OnStar Canada (don't ask) and then OnStar US, no record of me or my vehicle.  They recommend calling GM Roadside Assistance.  Voila! They send out a local towing service and get my car unlocked, no charge.  Great, right?!


Yep, fantastic.  I get the keys out of the (now unlocked) car, take one of the keys off the fob, go to hang it up with all the spare keys and you will NEVER guess what I see?

Oh yeah, a whole other key fob with a whole other key to guess what?  My YUKON!!  Argh.  I had no idea we had bought a third key and a second key fob.

Blonde moment!  Oh well.  I guess at least now I know how the GM Roadside Assistance works.  I also learned during the evening that I can get 3 months of OnStar for a free trial... all I have to do is push the OnStar button inside the car (which of course I couldn't do while I was locked out of the darned car).

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Ok, not laughing, I am not laughing....promise....because my new little car has a fob thing, and my biggest fear is losing, locking or breaking it..

    What happened to regular ol' car keys, I want to know :-)

    Enjoy your new car and love the updates...

    ReplyDelete