Saturday, December 19, 2009

First days of skiing!

Monday was Mama-V's first day of skiing for the season. After two hours of remembering that the first day every year takes a toll on my poor feet, I managed to hook up with a couple of friends and do a mini-tour of the mountain. There wasn't a lot open, but I got in 10 or so runs and skied for a good 4 hours. Definitely much nicer to be able to get on the hill after dropping the girls at school and not have to race to make it back to school by 12:00!

I have a goal for this year for how many days I want to ski, but it's a secret... I'll tell you all at the end if I made it!

Today, we finally took the girls up for their first day. All went very well. Miss D is skiing like a pro and she was very patient with the fact that we spent most of the day on Sweet Pea because the littles aren't quite ready for High Meadow yet.

M-Moo picked up right where she left off last year, only we didn't put the edgie-wedgie back on her skis, so really, she has progressed a bit.

K-Wiggles tried it without the edgie-wedgie, but was struggling a bit, so we put it on and she was skiing like a champ too.

Looks like we may be able to ski together as a family by midway through next year!

And the best part of the whole day was that it was fun... no major hassles, no major meltdowns, and nobody peed in their snow pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment