Friday, December 11, 2009

A fun day for the girls of Casa Llamedos

So this morning started with a 7 a.m. wakeup call from the mobile nurse coming to take my blood, urine, blood pressure, and an EKG as part of an application to up my life insurance. After that was done, the girls and I got dressed and headed out to a cookie exchange with our old play group.

Of course, we had to stop at the store to buy cookies first, 'cuz I never found the time to make any! We had a nice time catching up, even though most of the kiddos couldn't make it (we don't have school Fridays, but most of the other kids do). The mess of Polly Pockets on the floor was something to see!

After that, we headed over to the library to choose some angels off the angel tree. The girls chose two "girls winter boots" and one "pots and pans set" and I chose a "women's parka: medium." With angels in hand, we went over to Wally World and bought some lovely boots, pots and pans, and a parka. Then it was back to the library to drop off our angel gifts. The girls really enjoyed shopping for someone else, and we talked about how we were helping Santa and helping the moms and dads who couldn't afford to buy things for their kids and each other like our family can. The girls decided that Christmas really is about sharing and giving (as well as getting, I'm sure!).

Then we were off to Salt Lake. We had a nice lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (love that place with kids... good food and noisy enough that the kids don't bother anyone!). Next up was the real highlight of the day: Build-a-Bear Workshop. A few weeks ago, I took Miss D to Build-a-Bear and we had a special mama-daughter day. I've been promising the littles that I would take them as well, but it has been hard to find a day when I can take just one of them without the others. So we finally decided that we would all go together.

Miss D had a little bit of a hard time because she wasn't getting a bear (and we forgot to bring hers - d'oh mama moment), but we decided to get her bear a new outfit and that helped. K-Wiggles had been talking about how she wanted to get a bunny and name it Snickers, but when we got there she said "no" to all the bunnies and chose a blue bear with snowflakes on it instead. M-Moo chose a beautiful pink sparkly unicorn. They both got an outfit and are now all downstairs happily playing Build-a-Bear and coloring their bears' (and unicorn's) new boxes.

All-in-all, it was a fun way to spend a day with my girls!

1 comment: