On Saturday the girls and I were planning on doing nothing. They got up early (even though Miss D had a lateover at a friend's house and came home at 1:00 am). We were watching tv in my bed (daddy j was in LA) when we got an email from some friends. They were staying at a local hotel, about to go swimming, and did we want to join them? Needless.to say, we hunted down some swimsuits and had a grand old time.
After all that fun, the girls and I got home, had breakfast for dinner, and played Wii until well past bedtime. So fun!
Today, we woke up to 10" of snow! While I slept in, the girls put on all their snow gear and played outside for at least an hour, maybe longer!
Daddy got home about midday, with g'pa Larry, and we made lamb meatballs and strawberry shortcake for the littles' birthday dinner. The wind kicked up and it turned into a major crazy blizzard outside!
Not an exciting weekend by any stretch, just a totally ordinary couple of days in this ordinary family. I love it more than I could ever have imagined.
Oh, and daddy j plays in his hockey league finals tonight... wish him luck.
And tomorrow M-moo and K-wiggles turn 5. How did that happen? 5 years of extraordinarily ordinary days, one at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment