Friday, October 10, 2008

So I lied... we do have some photos from our Lake Powell trip.



Apparently while I was... hmm... what was I doing? Who knows? Anyway, while I was doing something else, Daddy-J was snapping pictures of seemingly random things from our trip to Lake Powell.

I uploaded pictures from the camera today after the girls and I took a trip to Red Butte Gardens (more on that in another post some day!), and lo-and-behold, there were Lake Powell pictures. Now I know that I personally did not snap a single picture at Lake Powell. And I know that the camera battery was dead before we left home to GO to Lake Powell. So I will have to inquire of Daddy-J how it was that he managed to charge the camera battery and take pictures, all without my knowledge. Well, actually, who cares? At least there are pictures!





This was our campsite, viewed from the water. You can see Grampa Larry's motor home, our giant red tent, and my car (I think this was taken after Kerry & Scott had already left on Sunday).





This is the spot Daddy-J left Grampa Larry fishing on Sunday morning while Daddy-J came back to get all of us (of course, by the time Daddy-J got out into the channel, it was pouring rain, so that plan didn't work out too well...). If you look closely, you can see the blue speck in the bottom middle of the photo -- that's Grampa Larry. Gives you a sense of the scale, no? If you look even closer, you can see the waterfall coming off the rocks -- that's from the rain!





A closer shot of Grampa Larry and the water coming off the rocks.



This is Daddy-J on the boat, with a larger waterfall in the background. Again, all that water is rain coming off the rocks above.






Here's a shot of the girls and Grampa Larry at the campsite. You simply cannot even imagine how flipping dirty they were by this time... this was late Sunday, when Daddy-J and Grampa Larry were getting ready to drive out of the campsite (Mama-V was driving the boat to the ramp for pickup).





Speaking of which... here's a little video of Grampa Larry driving the motor home out of the Stanton Creek "primitive" campground where we stayed at Lake Powell.




And here's a photo showing the entrance to the area we were camping in.






And just in case you couldn't read that sign in the last photo, here's a closeup of the sign that says "Four Wheel Drive Recommended."






Ah well. All's well that ends well. No harm, no foul. And besides, we had a grand ol' time!

1 comment:

  1. Saw Grandpa Larry today! So it is true he survived the red clay journey.

    ReplyDelete