Friday, June 5, 2009

Big girl beds.

The littles finally got their big girl beds yesterday. I've been meaning to get them since at least Christmas (when I got their big girl bedding!) but it just didn't happen until yesterday. It was the second-to-last day of school and the littles were invited to be "lunch bunchers" and stay the whole day at school, so I had from 9:00 to 3:00 to myself.

When I told Daddy J that I was going to take the Suburban to town to pick up beds for the girls, he frowned and said I had to get the tires changed first. Mind you, I've been driving the Suburban all over creation for at least a week with the nice Blizzak snow tires on it, but today apparently I had to get them changed! Whatever.

So I spent the first hour of my day waiting for the tires to get changed. Then I had to drop off some papers at court. Then I had to go home and haul the old tires (with rims still attached) out of the Suburban to make room for the beds. Then I had to have lunch with Daddy J.

I finally made it to the mattress store where we had a "connection" by about 1:00. After a bumpy start because our "connection" didn't know who I was, I got the good deal on the beds, got them loaded in the Suburban and headed to Target.

Why Target? Well, I needed to replace (again) the bike helmet I had bought for M-Moo the day before because the dog had chewed through the straps, again. I also grabbed some sand toys for the sandbox and stopped at Home Depot to get 250 pounds of play sand.

So the girls were pretty excited when we got home. They spent an hour or two outside playing with the sand while I put the beds together. Then they spent another hour playing in the littles' new room! It looks so cute, but no pictures yet as (1) my Photoshop CS4 hasn't arrived (but I ordered it, aren't you excited?!) and (2) I need to paint in their room before I take pictures.

Anyway, I know this is all terribly exciting, but it does tell you some of what I've been doing lately. The oh-so-exciting goings on at Casa Llamedos!

No comments:

Post a Comment