Friday, June 26, 2009

The perfect summer day.

Ok, as perfect as it gets when you have three little kids!

Wake up, not too early today. All three kids slept in a little, and were happy when they woke up.

Get kids a decent breakfast... leftover toasted croissants with jam. Kids play outside in relative harmony while I get a decent shower!

Snack for the kids so they don't get the grumpies. Carrot-cake cupcakes, yum!

Blow up the little pool we bought yesterday with the pump that Daddy-J found for us this morning. Start filling it with water.

Lunch on the deck... not too windy, not too hot, not too cloudy, not raining, just right! PB&Js, cantaloupe I bought at the farm stand yesterday, chocolate milk!

Get some work done in the afternoon while the kids play in and out of the pool, in and out of their swimsuits, and go through at least 1000 towels! And oh how I wish I had a picture of Miss-D, buck naked, riding her scooter around the courtyard -- with her helmet on! Priceless!

Do some tidying in the kitchen and office while two kids watch movies in my bed and a third wanders the house, singing, playing, doing whatever.

Barbecue at friends' house -- kids behave beautifully! Food, of course, was awesome! Everyone fell asleep in the car on the way home (well, all the kids anyway!) and transferred to their sleepy beds quietly.

Now I'm going to bed too.

Hoping tomorrow it won't rain and Sunday we may get on the boat, finally!

1 comment:

  1. You've got to love it when the stars align and you have these perfect days!!

    ReplyDelete