Sunday, August 9, 2009

A new mountain bike ride.

Truth be told, I have gotten just a tiny titch bored of some of the "old familiar" rides around here. So when Daddy-J suggested that I take some time this morning to go on a ride, I was a little "eh." But I called up my friend Kerry and we decided to go try the trails at The Canyons (also Daddy-J's suggestion).

We rode the Flight of the Canyons gondola up to Red Pine Lodge, then took the Mid-Mountain trail from Red Pine out to Ambush. Then we headed down Ambush, cut across to Holly's and finished up a nice two-hour ride back at the Grand Summit.

It was a stunningly beautiful day for a ride... felt like fall at only 60-some degrees. The wildflowers were still out and beautiful and everything was so green. There were enough challenges in the trail to make it interesting without it being killer.

What a nice way to spend a Sunday morning. Thank you Daddy-J!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I just got back from a scooter ride around some Palouse back roads. Also a great day here to be outside!

    ReplyDelete