Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 Vancouver Winter Oympic Games -- Opening Ceremonies

We thought it would be fun for the girls to stay up and watch the Opening Ceremonies for 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. Daddy-J and I were part of the 2002 Salt Lake City games, and we didn't see much of the 2006 Torino games because we didn't have TV at the time. So this is our first chance to see the winter Olympics since 2002!

Sadly, the girls made it through some of the preview show and fell asleep about 5 minutes before the Opening Ceremonies actually started.



Nevertheless, Daddy-J and I stayed up and watched the whole thing and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Did anyone not know that The Great One would be the final torch-bearer?!

All-in-all, Vancouver's Opening Ceremonies were understated, welcoming, and very, well, Canadian. Well done VANOC.

Now, if we could just get some cold weather so the alpine skiing events could start! Rain for a downhill, I don't think so!?

No comments:

Post a Comment