Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday Prep Completed!

This week I:

Ordered Miss D's b'day cake and cupcakes.
Went to Michael's and bought little pink takeout boxes for the cupcakes.
While at Michael's, saw a cute, pink scrapbook to put photos in for Miss D.
Finalized plans at Beadniks for the party.
Got a new birthday dress for Miss D, complete with "fancy" shoes.
Got a new outfit for sisters (keeping the peace is important!).
Bought plates, napkins, balloons, and a big ribbon for the bike.
Had Daddy bring in the bike from its hiding spot.
Ordered 82 photos to put in the scrapbook for Miss D.
Organized said 82 photos and inserted them into scrapbook for Miss D.
(Miss D now has a "baby" book of pictures from her first year... and she's only 5!).

I'm sure I'm forgetting something I did, and I'm even more sure that I'm forgetting something I should have done! Oh yeah, I also organized the kids for their Earth Day celebration at school... traditional costumes from Scotland, England, and Belarus (ok, so I wimped out an ordered t-shirts with the flags on them, but they were durn cute!) and traditional food from each country (thank you Walker's Shortbread, deli roast beef, and frozen pierogies! -- I have no idea how to spell that and I'm too tired and lazy to look it up!).

I did also remember to clear the memory card in the camera and charge the batteries for the camera and flash.

The bike is all set up at the top of the stairs, festooned with balloons and a big white bow. The new dress, tights, and shoes are set up on her chair at the dining room table. The book is on the table. And her new camelbak and bike jersey (thank you G'pa Coombs) are on either side of the book. Here's hoping she gets a good night's sleep and we all get to enjoy a fun birthday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment