Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A very long posting drought.

Sorry for the long drought. Things have been insane here, but I haven't felt like I had much to blog about. The kids were sick, I was sick. Then work exploded. I spent yesterday, from 4:40 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. with 7 lawyers from all around the country, working. Exhausting. Productive. I missed my kids.

So this morning I woke up at 3:00 to the sound of water dripping... well, more like flowing. Our toilet in the powder room off the great room had sprung a leak... water everywhere... all through the walls and ceiling and floors downstairs. Ugh.

Thankfully, the insurance lady I spoke with this morning was nice and helpful. The water mitigation people will be here shortly (assuming they can get up the snowy driveway). Once everything is dried out, they will send in someone to assess the damage and we will be replacing drywall, fixtures, most likely carpet, and perhaps even some sub-floor. Should be fun, huh?!

Never a dull moment! Maybe our entire downstairs will even be nice and ripped to bits in time for Miss-D's birthday! Oh joy!

1 comment:

  1. When it rains it pours...out of the toilet??!!
    Glad your back to posting. I missed hearing about your fun.

    ReplyDelete