Well, I have to admit our spring break has been just about perfect. We have enjoyed being in San Antonio. It has been the most stress-free trip I have taken with the kids to date!
Yesterday we were planning to take the girls for a hike, but the weather just wasn't cooperating. We didn't get out of the house until almost noon, so we ended up taking the girls out to eat for lunch. Then on our way home we decided to take the girls to a local bouncy house. They had so much fun, I was amazed. Even M-Moo, normally a little on the timid side when it comes to physical challenges, was all over the giant bouncy slide. Thanks to Aunt Nina for taking her up the ladders and down the slides about a million times. Mama-V crapped out after two trips through the ladder/slide combo!
All the kids had fun, and then when we got home, Aunt Nina offered to do bedtime and bath and I snuck out to take Ethan to violin and Evan to his baseball game. Watching Evan play baseball was definitely a highlight of the trip. (And before you ask, no, I haven't shot a single picture with my camera the whole time we've been here, despite having lugged it here in my backpack!). We did get some great photos of the girls at the pool the other day, and some video of our adventure at the bouncy house with Aunt Nina's point-and-shoot camera.
Today we headed out to a beautiful antique rose garden. Despite the rain, we had a fun time and the place was absolutely gorgeous! After another lunch out, we headed to the McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels, which of course the kids thoroughly enjoyed.
It has been pouring rain all day. I've managed to get some work done while the kids play upstairs. Uncle Dave has agreed to watch the kids and do dinner and bedtime while Aunt Nina and I head out to dinner and a movie tonight.
We're on our way home tomorrow, not getting in until 9:00 at night, so it could be a long day... I guess we'll see. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment