I've been trying to declutter in a more serious way the past few months. I swore when we moved into this house 2.5 years ago, that I would not unpack boxes unless I had places for the things in them to go. I did a pretty good job of it, I have to say, and I don't think I have any packed boxes left from the move. That feels good!
OTOH, there is so much CRAP in my house. From leftover baby things to paper-to-be-recycled to I don't even know what, there is just stuff everywhere. I crave order and cleanliness and I never get it.
So, today I was looking for a 30-day decluttering challenge, kinda like a Flylady thing (but I dropped out of Flylady a long time ago... too much to keep up with -- I do still shine my sink, though!).
In my search, I stumbled across an 8-week decluttering course online, that includes an online support group -- a bulletin board of people who cheer each other on through the process, keep you accountable, help you get motivated, stay focused, what have you. It cost $37 and I signed myself right up. It starts May 4 and I'm looking forward to it.
From the same site, I also downloaded a one-year decluttering calendar. It covers all of 2009 and just gives you one little, manageable decluttering project a day. For bigger projects, it assigns a whole week, but you can see it coming, get ready, and tackle it in smaller, day-sized pieces.
I even talked some online friends into signing up with me (and maybe a few real life friends too) and I'm just really looking forward to having a sytem for getting this done and the motivation and accountability to stick with it!
Here's the link to the program I signed up for... http://www.encouragingcoach.com/programs-decluttergroup.htm
She also has other e-courses online... one for a simpler, saner life (sounds good, huh?), one for procrastinating... that sort of thing.
Anyway, I'll try to post here to keep updated on my progress. I'm sure my readers can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment