Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Karen's Chicken Crock Pot Vindaloo

I'm trying a new recipe today. My friend Karen posted this recipe on her Facebook page a while back, and it sounded so good I just had to try it.

It's 9:30 a.m. and I have it all in the crock pot... I just love knowing what's for dinner tonight!

Ingredients:
3 T vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced (I add more)
1 1/2 T fresh ginger (I sometimes use powdered)
3/4 T curry powder
1 T ground cumin
1/4 t ground cardamom
1/4 t ground cloves
1/4 t ground hot pepper (optional, I don't use it)
1 T whole mustard seeds
1-2 T olive oil
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 cinnamon stick (break it in half for best flavor)
1 small onion, chopped
1 med. zucchini, sliced
salt to taste
3 boneless chicken breast halves, quartered
2 T fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:
1. Puree first 10 ingredients in a blender and pour into crock pot.
2. Add tomato sauce, cinnamon stick, onion, zucchini and salt and mix well.
3. Add chicken and turn to cover.
4. Cook on low for 5 hours.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with rice.

Serves: 3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I'll be right over. So how is/was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just this moment finished a big bowl of it. I thought it was excellent. Jim said the kids didn't like it (I was out on a mtn bike ride) but Miss D said she liked it when I asked her when I said good night. The vinegar and cinnamon really give it an interesting flavor!

    ReplyDelete