Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cook it in a Cup!


One of the girls (Miss D, I think) received a recipe book called Cook it in a Cup, for Christmas. G'ma Libby and the girls made brownies over the holidays, and they were yummy! We haven't looked at the book since, but the other day when I was meal planning, I pulled it out to see if there were any dinner recipes that I thought my kids would like.

So tonight we made Butternut Squash with Butter and Brown Sugar, and then we made Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Olive Oil.

Oh. My. Goodness. The butternut squash was just unbelievably good. (I'm going to tweak the recipe to use less butter, and I already halved the brown sugar). K-Wiggles loved the squash. Miss D and M-Moo both tried it, but it may take a few more tries before they like it. Oh, and Costco today had a box of pre-cut butternut squash cubes to make the whole thing even that much easier!

Then everyone loved the broccoli. Such a fun way to make it, and it tasted spectacular. All my girls like broccoli already, but this was just sooooo good.

Highly recommend the cookbook. Pretty cute recipe ideas in there and we will definitely be trying out some more of them. My kids (every kid?) love cooking, even if they don't love the end results every time. It is so fun to put everything together in the kitchen, and Miss D loves that she can now read the recipes, and she's starting to figure out how the fractions work in all the measuring too!

2 comments:

  1. YAY - It was for all the girls, as I figured they do kitchen stuff together. How fun that it had dinner stuff in there too.


    OH and sooo cool about the precut butter nut squash, cutting that stuff drives me nutty!

    ReplyDelete