Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dinosaur Museum (again!)

When the kids were too sick to go to school last week, but too well to stay home all day, we decided to head down to Lehi to the Museum of Ancient Life, otherwise known as the dinosaur museum. We've been there more than a few times, but the kids still love it. It's far enough away that I knew they would fall asleep in the car on the way there and/or on the way back, so it seemed like a good idea!

When we got there, it was just about lunch time, so we decided to eat in the museum's cafe, which thankfully has very kid-friendly food (dino-nuggets, anyone?) and good healthy adult food too.

The light coming in through the cafe windows was amazing, so I shot a bunch of pictures of the girls, trying out different camera settings and just playing around. I got a couple of shots I liked, but I also learned a lot about the different settings on my camera.

Here's M-Moo eating the enormous grilled-cheese sandwich she ordered!




K-Wiggles, no explanation necessary!

I can't really explain why, but I just love this photo of Miss D. Even the distracting straw in the foreground of the picture somehow only adds something to it for me. Probably drives everyone else crazy. Oh well, good thing it's
my blog!



Here's a cool, hands-on exhibit near the beginning of the museum. The kids love to explore, touch, and feel all the sea creatures in this exhibit.


This is K-Wiggles, playing with the dinos in the sand-and-water exhibit (I'm sure I've mentioned that in previous posts about the dino museum).





This is M-Moo and Miss D acting as junior paleontologists, uncovering a dinosaur fossil in the quarry pit.



And this is what happens when I try to take some quick shots of all three girls at the end of the day, except now we're outside and I forgot to reset the camera (that I had dilligently set up to shoot in the low light of the indoor dinosaur museum). It's not the best shot of Miss D, but at least I got the other two. (Someday I will get a good picture of all three together!).



So just for fun I tried converting it to B&W. Not really any better, but I thought the effect was worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment