So I wrote yesterday (I think) that Miss-D had a fever on Sunday night and stayed home from school with me. Of course, last night she went to bed just fine, but woke up at 2:00 a.m. with a fever of 103. I gave her Motrin and she went back to sleep. She woke up this morning at the usual time and seemed just fine -- no fever, no glassy eyes, perky, good appetite, fine. So off to school she went.
At 10:00, I get the call from the school to come get K-Wiggles, as she is having a hard day and has a temperature of 102 and is complaining of ear pain. Well, ear pain means off to the doc we go. Turns out her ears are fine, but she does have a swollen and sore throat. Rapid strep came back negative, but I had them send it in for the 24-hour culture since her symptoms had come on so recently.
I just heard this afternoon from my carpool-mate that her strep test today came back positive, so my guess is K-Wiggles has strep. Who knows if Miss-D has it too. She hasn't said anything about sore throat and has been eating fine. K-Wiggles didn't eat breakfast this morning, which is very unusual for her and I should have guessed something was up. Mama's a little slow sometimes.
Anyway, it's 5:30 now and they are all in bed. K-Wiggles fell asleep almost immediately. Miss-D will lie quietly in her bed and be asleep soon, and M-Moo has been out of her room once already, so she should be pretty much done for the night. Hopefully they will all sleep through the night, or else be up once to have medicine and go right back down.
I suppose they're all going to stay home from school tomorrow. It's not really worth getting up and dragging everyone out of the house to get M-Moo to school, especially when she's probably contaminated too. Maybe we'll just sit out the rest of the week and go back next Monday when everyone should be healthy. (Actually, now that I think of it, there is no school on Th/Fri this week anyway because of parent-teacher conferences, so I guess we're done for this week).
Hopefully Miss D will be feeling better by Thursday so she can go to her promotion ceremony for karate. Last Wednesday she earned her white-belt-with-yellow-stripe, her first new belt since she started. Woohoo!
If I were the praying type, I'd ask all to pray that Mama-V doesn't get sick -- goodness knows mamas aren't allowed to get sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Even when Mamas get sick they can't act sick... We are there to take care of the kids... that is what we do, sick or not.... No time for being sick that is for sure!
ReplyDeleteThat is why we became Mamas to be there for the kids no matter what we feel like... And so we do...Although I don't think they dropped that in the job description when we signed up. It just sort of came along with that "And other tasks as required" lingo...
Hope all your little ones get to feeling better quickly! And congrats to Miss D. for her Karate accomplishment!