Ok, so that's a little overly dramatic, but it's how I feel. The sickies hit us hard this week. I really can't complain, as we've had a remarkably healthy winter this year *knock wood*. But after two of the three kids came down with the fever, runny nose, hacking cough thing, I finally got it. I felt it hit, literally in a wave, on Friday afternoon at about 4:00 p.m. It came on just like the kids' illness did... raging fever to start, then the drippy nose.
I also figured out why K-Wiggles on Tuesday told us that her ear was hurting, as I spent all day in bed yesterday with stabbing pains in both my ears as my sinuses filled up and drained and filled up and drained. Ugh.
I did take the whole day off on Saturday, never getting out of bed except for bathroom and kitchen runs. Miss-D had her usual Saturday ski school, and Daddy-J spent the day away from the house, so the littles had free reign of the house all day. They were unbelievably good. And they didn't mind a bit surviving the day on the Ritz crackers, dry cereals, and oreo cookies they could find for themselves in the pantry (little stinkers even brought me crackers and cookies!).
And the house wasn't completely destroyed, which truly is amazing.
Thankfully, today I was feeling much better. We took all the kids out to breakfast and then skiing and then swimming. M-Moo and K-Wiggles got up on the chairlift for the first time today. I got to ski with Miss-D on the Tombstone lift for the first time. She is really skiing so well... I'm very proud of her. Actually, I'm proud of all of them. I never thought M-Moo and K-Wiggles would actually be skiing this year, but they are! M-Moo can ski High Meadow almost all by herself (Daddy helped her on one steep section). And K-Wiggles decided that, as fun as it is to straight-line down the bunny hill, if she shows us she can stop (which she can, she just doesn't want to) then she gets to go up on the chair lift. So we made three runs on High Meadow with her stopping at very random times and places!
And Miss-D can ski all sorts of "blue" terrain without assistance. She even had a really good crash at one point today with Daddy and blew it off with very few tears!
So because we hadn't had quite enough fun with all the skiing, and because it was 40 degrees and sunny, we decided to hit the swimming pool afterwards!
Which turned out to be one thing too many for poor K-Wiggles. Well, actually, she loved it, but she loved it so much that we couldn't get her out of the pool without an enormous tantrum. *sigh* I hope the poor people at The Canyons pool and spa that were having relaxing massage treatments weren't too put off by her screaming "I want to keep swimming" for the 15 minutes it took me to wrestle her out of her swimsuit and into some clothes. *double sigh*
Ah well, another successful day at Casa Llamedos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment