A blogger that I follow recommended these downloadable Book of Days. It's hard to explain, but basically you download the Book of Days for each month and it's got activities to do together with your kids. You print it out on heavy cardstock and then put them in a binder along with the stuff your kids make and do so you have a record of the projects you do. I'm not doing it justice.
Anyway, February's Book of Days had a think for making potstickers. M-Moo really loved the potstickers at the kids' Chinese New Year celebration at school the other week, so I thought it would be fun to try and make our own.
My kids love cooking art projects! Me, I put up with it because they have so much fun! LOL!
So we made the potstickers tonight and it was actually one of the best cooking art projects we've ever done together. Even the littles were able to scoop the filling onto the wonton wrappers, wet their finger and then wet the edge of the wrapper, and then fold the wrapper up and pinch it together (ok, I helped a little to make sure they were really closed, but they did a lot of it!).
Then I fried them in oil while the girls set the table and we scarfed down about 40 of the little suckers between the four of us. They even liked the dipping sauce that went with it!
It was really fun and very tasty!
Here's the link to the Book of Days -- you can preview the February one and see the potstickers recipe...
http://blueyonderranch.com/book-of-days/february-preview/
And here's a link to the blog where I got the idea... she has pictures of her kids making them. Me, I can't take pictures and cook with my kids at the same time... just not that talented!
http://balancingeverything.com/
Just thought I'd share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment