Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First bike ride of the year today!

I haven't posted much because I keep thinking I'll get my pictures organized and edited on my new computer and then post something, but then the new computer keeps sitting in my office, not set up!

So, instead of pictures (there are some, I promise, just not ready to post yet!), you get to hear about my doings!

Today I got my mountain bike up and going (thanks J for putting my tire on!), and promptly took it to the bike shop for some adjustments. I got new grips (the old ones were hammered and leaving exposed metal which will hurt me someday when I crash -- which I do a lot). I got a bike pump put on... my old one disappeared at my mountain biking camp last summer. I had my rear brake adjusted -- I'm a slow enough climber without having the rear brake dragging while I try to go up hill!

Everything fixed, I got out on the trail. Other than a slight issue with my shifters not working because they were hitting the new grips, it was fun! I rode about 45 minutes "out" and about 15 minutes "back." I didn't feel like I was going to die, which is good. I'm sure being 10 pounds lighter than last year makes a big difference... less weight going up is good!

The weather is supposed to get crappy on Friday and stay that way for a while, so I'm going to squeeze in another ride tomorrow morning, even though I should be working.


Now aren't you glad you wasted 2 minutes of your life reading about my bike ride?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I had my bike out earlier and then it snowed. I think it might just be time to get it out again. Now if I could just open the garage door...
    Sounds like you had fun. I can tell you where to find the 10 lbs you lost since last year...!

    ReplyDelete