Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where does the time go?

I swear it has not been since May 21 that I updated my blog. *sigh*

So what have we been up to at Casa Llamedos?

Well, for Memorial Day weekend, Daddy-J and I got away for a quick trip to Moab with some friends. We took our mountain bikes and hit some really cool trails down there. We did not do Slickrock (yay!), but we did the Bar M and Circle O trails, as well as Lower Monitor & Merrimac. Both were fun, challenging trails, but I didn't kill myself!

After we got back, we had the girls' "last" week of school, with their "closing ceremonies" on Friday and the Children's Fair on Sunday. The Children's Fair was a lot of fun this year, as the girls were old enough to do almost all the bouncy houses, slides, pony rides, cake walk, and face painting. Daddy-J was not feeling too well on Sunday (we went to see REO Speedwagon, Styx, and 38 Special the night before and I think he may have had a few alcoholic beverages), so the girls and I went to the fair on our own.

Then this week, we've had our real last week of school (the extra week because of our swine flu vacation earlier this year). I've been organizing like a fiend... my decluttering program is paying off, though progress always seems slow. Tomorrow, all three girls are going to all-day school, from 9:00 to 3:00. The littles have been dying to try out "lunch bunch" so I told them they could go tomorrow. They're doing a "water" day in the afternoon, so they will probably have a blast getting soaking wet. The littles will probably be more excited about the fact that they get to take a backpack to school with their lunchboxes in them!

What else? My new computer is up and running, but I haven't done much photo-wise yet because I'm waiting to find the money in the budget to buy Photoshop (I just have Elements on my old 'puter and I really want to get Photoshop for this new computer). I did get some great shots of Miss D at her soccer game on Saturday. I did finally get to see her score a goal, too! She's really enjoying this spring league.

Swimming starts in a week or so, and Daddy J and I are off to Raleigh in mid-June. Then it's a camping trip with some friends when we get back, then Yellowstone just after 4th of July and G'ma camp in Missoula. After that, we have camping with the Smith clan at Fish Lake, another session of swimming in August, Daddy J and I are going on a cruise in the Mediterranean and then school will be starting before we know it! Somewhere in there, we're hoping to get some time on the boat!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds about right. We want boat time the end of July, first of August!! I'm glad we scheduled our camping trip in advance so we can get some time with you...we're really looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete