Thursday, May 21, 2009

So much fun!

I had so much fun with my kids today. I post enough about the crazy and awful things they do, I thought I should make sure and capture what a fun time we had tonight.

After dinner, they all went outside in their nightgowns to play before bedtime. They rode bikes, rode trikes, rode scooters, pushed babies in strollers, jumped on the trampoline, collected rocks, collected flowers... all the stuff that kids love to do outside! There was a time when I thought my kids would NEVER just "go outside and play!" But today, they did.

About 10 minutes into it, I decided to pour myself a Coke and join them. My first Coke I left on the stoop while I started cleaning out the Suburban, and Seamus drank the whole dang thing! I did manage to get insurance cards printed and put into all of our 4 vehicles (not one of the four had a current insurance card, d'oh!).

Then I poured myself a second Coke, and that one got dumped out inside the Suburban when I reached for a piece of paper under one of the seats. Oops!

My third one is waiting for me in the kitchen.

Anyway, after we played outside for about an hour or so, we went inside and the four of us put together the 50 states puzzle on the floor in the kitchen. The girls have been asking a lot of questions about places, so it was fun to put it together and point out different places that are important to our family's story.

K-Wiggles is looking like she'll be as good at puzzles as Miss-D. M-Moo was no slouch either. And Miss-D could read a lot of the state names on the pieces.

We looked at Utah, where we live, and Texas, where my sister and her four kids live. Then we saw Montana and Washington, where G'ma Libby lives. And Michigan, where Daddy-J grew up and G'Ma Jan still lives (and where M-Moo will be going in June!). We saw Florida, where Daddy-J was born (and where we've visited), and Maine, where Mama went to school.

Then there were a bunch of others we want to go to. The girls have been studying the Grand Canyon at school lately, so it looks like we'll be planning a trip there... maybe in the fall or next spring?!

We saw Wyoming, where we'll be camping in July. And New York, where Mama and Daddy went, twice, last fall.

Anyway, it was a really fun evening, and the kids even went to bed happy, which is a major accomplishment lately!

I want to make sure I (1) take time to do these things with them that are so simple and yet so fun and (2) write them down and remember them.

(Oh, and I found a power cord and connector cord for the monitor Daddy-J brought home a few weeks ago and said he didn't have a power cord for, so now I have a monitor on my photo-editing computer and just need to find a few minutes to sit down and fire it all up! So maybe more pictures soon?! -- no promises).

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a simply wonderful evening...I love nights/days like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I think I can comment now, its been giving me errors for two days...

    Anyway, so glad you had a nice day, and I'm sure the girls loved that time also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I've heard talk of this new dog.... Where is the picture of said dog....

    Can't have new dog with out picture.. just so you know that is NOT allowed in Blog Land.

    ReplyDelete