Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nothing exciting today...

No exciting pictures today. I'm too lazy to go back through my archives and find something good to post, and I didn't take any photos of the stuff we did today. It's been a busy couple of days around here. I took the girls to school on their first day, but yesterday and today Daddy-J took them to school because I had to be in court both mornings.

It has been a while since I've done any courtroom work; not that I was ever a very big courtroom lawyer (I'm not!). But it was kinda fun to get in there and cross swords with some other attorneys live in front of a judge. We won't know for a few days, at least, the outcome of yesterday's and today's hearings, but I felt good about my "performance."

I think it's good for the girls to see that mama works sometimes too. They know I work in my office and on my computer, but today they got to see me get all dressed up in my work clothes and march off to battle, just like daddy does every day. It's important to me that they know that mamas can work too, and just because theirs doesn't go to an office away from them every day, doesn't mean that other mamas don't do that and that they can't do that someday if they want to.

What else? Nothing I can think of. Just getting ready for our trip to NYC this weekend. Trying to get through all the laundry so we have some clothes to pack. I ordered some things from Target.com, designed by Isaac Mizrahi, so I hope they're nice. They should arrive tomorrow. I bought Daddy-J some clothes at the outlet mall today... he even liked most of them.

We'll be staying at the Essex House, which is a fancy hotel right on Central Park. We're going with a small group, including the local station manager, from our Salt Lake CBS affiliate. I hear we'll be attending the US Open tennis tournament on Saturday and Sunday, and have access to the CBS hospitality tent. Should be fun!

Well, it's 9:30, and I need to go eat dinner -- Daddy-J cooked for us tonight. Thanks to everyone who's left comments or e-mailed or phoned to tell me they enjoy the blog. It's nice to know I have dedicated "readers" out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment