Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Girls.

I haven't written much about the kids lately. Sorry for the dearth of photos... there are some on the camera, I think, but I haven't had any time to upload them. "haven't had any time" Sounds familiar, huh? Well, it matches how I feel today. Thinks are reaching "stress" point and I need some "me" time. I thought I had some today, getting my hair done, but it turned into a stressful event itself and, well, I didn't enjoy it (though my color looks great now!).

So instead of doing the work I should be doing tonight (which would lower my stress level tomorrow, huh?), I'm going to go watch a movie.

Anyway, the kids are great. They have been really happy lately. Poor Miss-D was sick last night and stayed home from school. It was kinda nice to spend time just the two of us. I made cinnamon toast for her and she watched movies. I did her finger nails. She made pictures for me and Daddy-J. She was doing ok today, but the fever came back tonight and she's got a funny intermittent cough. I hope she's feeling better tomorrow, poor chick.

Seriously, though, I'm excited with how well they've been getting along lately. M-Moo is toughening up a bit and doesn't cry at the drop of a hat whenever K-Wiggles says something not-so-nice. Miss-D has become quite the little mama/teacher, helping her sisters to use their words and reminding them about their gentle hands. They really look up to her, so it usually works!

And K-Wiggles is getting much easier to rationalize with, rather than just throwing monster tantrums all the time.

As they get bigger and older, they are able to create fun games for themselves. And they can do puzzles together. They even think up crazy art projects to do together and usually don't destroy too much stuff in the process.

They are ridiculously addicted to nightgowns and dresses... where did I get these girly girls?! They love getting their hair done, even K-Wiggles, who bravely fights back tears from the pain of her tender head while I put in her beloved "flip-tails." (Thank goodness a good set of flip tails can last almost a week!).

This time is going by so fast. I just know I'm going to blink and they'll be heading out the door with nary a "mama" to be heard.

Now I'm going to go cry into my glass of wine while I watch my movie. G'night!

2 comments:

  1. You're such a good mama! Your girls are very lucky to have such a great mom.

    What movie are you watching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Maybe. No idea if it's any good, but I have it, so I'm gonna watch it! We watched The Air I Breathe the other night and it was good! I had never heard of it, but really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete