Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A new belt in Karate.

Miss D has been studying karate since last October. She had her third "tip-test" at the end of February, and on March 5, she had her promotion ceremony for her new belt -- white-with-yellow-stripe!

Here's her old belt, with the three tips for her three tip-tests.




And this is Miss D, in her newly minted yellow-stripe belt, showing off her "horse training stance."




Here's a nice (if I do say so myself!) closeup of her new belt. I just love the contrast between her "tough" karate belt and her "girlie" fingernail polish!



And this is the cake Miss D chose for us all to celebrate her karate prowess! It was even more yummy than it looks in this picture!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Miss D on your new belt! Awesome pose! That's one for keeping. Also, the food looks delicious. I'm hoping now that you will do the cooking when you coe to visit!

    ReplyDelete