
So, I guess my exercise for yesterday was walking 10 city blocks from one law firm's offices to another law firm's offices in downtown SLC in 90-degree heat. Does that count?
Fortunately, today was much better. I got my friend Kerry and we did about an hour-long mountain bike ride.
She asked the very legitimate question of whether we can "bank" minutes (for example, does my 1-hour bike ride count for my 30 minutes today and 30 minutes tomorrow?).
I told her I thought probably not, since the challenge is to do "at least" 30 minutes "at least" 4 days a week. ;-)
Anyway, it was a good ride. We rode a trail called Fink Again, which is a nice, gradual climb (have I mentioned I'm not a good climber?) that gave me a chance to get some steady climbing in (instead of the air-gasping climbing I usually have to do!).
We came down a trail called "Dropout" that has a few little downhill park features (some funky bridges, some rock jumps, some dirt rollers). I did the first few bridges and then scared myself a little with one that was steeper than I was expecting on the backside... then I chickened on some features down lower that were really easy-peasy.
I want to go do that trail again soon so I can get used to what features are where and which ones I want to do and which ones I want to skip!
I'm looking forward to the Tuesday Night Rides that start next week (on Tuesday, go figure!). It's going to be a good mountain-biking season!


No comments:
Post a Comment