Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day -- Part One.

So far, it has been a lovely mother's day for me. I talked to my mom yesterday (as today she's on her way to Bangkok). The kids woke me up this morning (early, even though they went to bed at 10:00 last night, stinkers!) with cards and a lovely flowering plant.



This was the best picture of it I could find on the web. I'm keeping it my bathroom for now, in hopes that I will remember to water it enough to keep it alive!

I got to take a shower all by myself this morning... locked the bathroom door! Then we went to breakfast at the Road Island Diner... yum! Afterwards, we came home and took the dogs and kids for our first hike down to the Moose Pond for the year. Aside from Seamus (the new puppy) getting lost (he hiked back to the car by himself!), we had a lovely hike. It was the first time that all the kids were able to hike the whole thing, which is quite a milestone!

Now we're home for lunch, and I think we'll head out in a little bit to go swimming, then maybe out to dinner. Who knows how long the kids will hold up!

Happy Mother's Day to all those fantastic mamas out there!

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me Ma'am NEW PUPPY and no pictures????

    Happy Mom's Day to you! (day late of course)

    ReplyDelete