Anyway, in all my years living in Colorado (4) and in right next door in Utah (17), I have never been to a Denver Broncos football game. (I did once go to Mile High Stadium to see the USFL Denver Gold play -- well, really we all went to see Alabama give a concert after the game!).
When Daddy-J bought the franchise in Denver, he wondered if he could finagle some Broncos tickets from one of the TV stations, radio stations, and/or newspapers he advertises with out there (little known fact: companies that advertise big dollars get big schwag from TV stations, radio stations, and newspapers).
I told him I would be impressed if/when that happened. So this summer, he announced that he had scored us 4 tickets to the Fox Suite at Invesco Field at Mile High to watch the Broncos play the Steelers on Monday Night Football.
Now I admit that MNF is not what it once was... ESPN at 6:30p.m. HELLOOOO?! Whatever. It's still super cool!
So this weekend we traveled to Denver. I spent the day Monday at the mall (of all places!) and had a lovely facial, makeover, and did some shopping. Then we headed to the field... After a little cockup with our VIP parking, we did a little tailgating with some friends and headed on up to the suite.
The food was fantastic. The company was amazing (love our friends from KDVR!). The football was incredible. Sadly, my Broncos lost to the Steelers (that guy Palomalu is amazing... everywhere on the field at once!). But it was truly a thrill for me to be able to go to the game and see everything live. I was definitely in awe (just ask the other people in the suite who kept trying to be nice and talk to me while I stared at the field for 3 hours! LOL!).
Here are some pictures:


How fun. I'm glad you finally got to see your team live. Too bad they lost. They must not have gotten word that you were in attendance!
ReplyDelete