One of the tracks at my CLE today was "self-care." Good track for lawyers (not sure how it advances my legal education, but whatever!). I took my Kindle with me today, and honestly, I used it a lot.
But the last three hours of the day were interesting. I went to a seminar taught by a judge I used to work for and his wife that was all about meditation. The first hour they talked about meditation, what it is, how they came to it, how they practice it, that kind of stuff.
The last two hours, though, they did a guided meditation, which was really interesting. Being an atheist, I have trouble with some of the "woo-woo" spirituality aspects of the meditations we did. But in general I would like to find some way to incorporate meditation into my daily life.
They suggest sitting 5 minutes less than you can when you start. Of course, I haven't figured out a few things like: (1) how do you know how long you can sit? and (2) how do you know how long that is when you're meditating... set an alarm?
I'm hoping to find some time to do this, maybe in the new year. I am sure I will report on it here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment