Monday, November 5, 2012

Alaska!

Daddy-J and I went to Alaska to go skiing.  This was back in April, but I realize I never posted about it.  So I'm doing it now.  What a great way to fill my NaBloPoMo assignment!

Anyway, we went to Alaska because there was no snow at home last year.  There was some in Alaska.  Actually, there was a lot!

Two of the best parts of the trip were cat skiing and a Denali overflight.


This is Denali, the mountain.  This is what our daughter, Miss-D, and her cousin McKinley, are named after.  We took a scenic overflight and it was truly amazing.  The scale of this mountain and the surrounding area just cannot be conveyed with photographs.



This is looking back down the approach valley with Denali behind us.




This is from inside the plane.  Very tiny!



On another day of our adventure, we went cat skiing.  This is a way of getting to some of the amazing "good stuff" that surrounds Alyeska ski resort.  Everywhere you look in Alaska, there is something that you want to go ski!




This is a shot of the boot pack we hiked twice.  The cat only gets you up so high, so if you want to get to the really good stuff, you hike!

It was a fantastic trip.  We are so lucky to be able to go to places like Alaska.  Seward was a smart man to snap up this magestic place for the United States of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment