I spent all day Monday working on the directory. We bought new software to make putting out a directory so much easier than it was last year. Last year, I did it by hand with an Excel spreadsheet and it took forever. Like, two weeks almost full time to get it out the door.
This year, it is still a lot of work, because the import template is so different from the format the school uses to store information. But I spent about 12 hours sorting the data into the template and now it's almost ready to go!
Good news is that this year we solicited parents with businesses to buy ads in the directory and we got enough ad revenue to cover the cost of printing a nice directory! Woohoo!
Even better news for whoever takes over this job next year... all that will need to be done is import any new families and delete any families who've left and then push a button and print the directory!


No comments:
Post a Comment