Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day!

I took the girls to the polls with me after school and dance were over at about 5:30 on election night.  I was worried there would be a long line, but nope, walked right in and voted just like always.

We have talked about the presidential election quite a bit, as the girls have asked questions.  Their school did an election for school "mascot" as well.

They wondered where the "ballot box" was, so I had to explain that in Utah we vote by electronic voting machine instead of paper ballot!

Anyway, I got one of these...





Then when we got home, the girls wanted to watch the election returns.  Okay....


I let them stay up until about 8, which wasn't late enough for the networks to call the election.  They made me promise to tell them in the morning who won, and to record Obama's speech so they could watch it later.

Little did I know this would require staying up past midnight for me!  Ugh.

Anyway, I'm proud my kids are interested in politics and elections.  In 12 years, all three will be voting for president of this amazing country for the very first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment