Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Twin Moms' Retreat

So, I joined a special sorority when I became pregnant with my twins over 7 years ago.  With the birth of Miss-D in 2004, I became involved with a group of women online who all had kids around her same age.  But when I found out we were having twins the second go 'round, I knew there was an online community of women with twins and I glommed on to them like they were a life raft.  Turns out, they really were my life raft!

Lucky for me, they had experience with twins, and knew the tips and tricks that saved me from having to figure everything out all by myself.

Little did I know, but they started a tradition of getting together every year in October for a long weekend of, well, female bonding.  When the kids were little, we used to just enjoy sitting around the house we had rented doing absolutely nothing.  Now we get a little more adventurous and plan some outings, but there's still a lot of sitting around chit-chatting.

Anyway, my twin-mom friends are some of the most important people in my life. If anyone ever tells you that people you meet online aren't real friends, you can tell them from me that they don't know what the heck they're talking about.  I have great friends in real life, but I also have a whole community of women who've all had twins, many of whom I've never met in real life, who are every bit as important to me as anyone I know face-to-face.

Here's a picture of our latest gathering, in Phoenix, in October of this year...


Aren't we beautiful!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment