Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ian's 5th Birthday




Today's big adventure was going to our friend Ian's fifth birthday party. The party was at a place called Jungle Jim's Playland. We had been there once before, when the littles were still in their "baby buckets" and Miss-D wasn't much more than 2. Can't say we had much fun that time, but boy oh boy did we have fun this time!

(I took my camera, but I realized afterwards that I didn't have it set up right and so I got very few decent shots. I did spend about an hour this evening playing with all the settings so that next time I'm trying to shoot action shots indoors with flash, I'll know better how to set up the camera to hopefully get some better shots. A whole bunch of the following shots are blurry as all get out, but I'm posting them anyway!).

Everyone started on the carousel. We had two rides on that, and then M-Moo and Miss D wanted to move on to the swings (the next ride over). K-Wiggles, though, decided to stay on her horsey and just ride and ride and ride. I caught her petting her horsey more than a few times and I'm pretty sure she was talking to it too. Note to self: I really need to get that one into riding lessons ASAP.





All the girls liked all the rides, much to my surprise. They did the carousel (see above), the swings . . .








the teacups . . .



the airplanes . . .






and the roller coaster . . .





Miss D gave me a flash forward to ten years from now by how much she loved driving the bumper cars! (These photos are all blurry, but I still like how they portray Miss D's enjoyment of the bumper cars!).





After WAY too many rides...

we sang Happy Birthday to Ian and then we all had pizza and ice cream cake.










After that, we played a few games, won a couple of prizes, and then it was time to head home.

Happy Birthday Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment