Friday, January 9, 2009

New skis for Mama!

Some may know that all our skis (ok, all the skis we were currently skiing) got stolen out of our ski locker over the summer. After haggling with the insurance company (who keeps receipts for skis bought at a ski swap over two years ago?!), we finally got money to go out and purchase new gear.

My two pairs of brand-spanking new direct-from-the-factory-rep skis arrived today!



First up, the Volkl Attiva Fuego:

Aren't they purty? These are supposed to be my "all-mountain" ski, the ski I will ski most of the time, good for light powder, crud, bumps, and groomers. They are a step up from what I was skiing last year, and I'm excited to try them out!


And for powder days:

I think these ones are super cool-looking too! These are my fat skis, for floating on deep powder days (at least I hope so!). I've never had a real powder board before, so I'm looking forward to getting some real snow this year and getting out in it to test these babies out.

We got some nice Marker-AT bindings, which means your boot locks into the binding for when you're skiing, but you can unlock your heel for when you want to go hiking up the hill, in the back-country or even just at the gates inside the resort.

Anyway, I've never had brand-spanking new this-year's skis before, so I'm pretty excited.

Hope I get some ski days in soon! If nothing else, I'll be taking both pairs to Jackson Hole next weekend for our little ski-getaway with some friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love the powder boards. They are super cute ;-) Hopefully we can go skiing together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin and David will be skiing on Thursday the 15th!! Can you go?

    ReplyDelete