Friday, May 1, 2009

Jammie Day!

Well, since the kids and I are on swine flu vacation and Daddy J was in Denver, we had a slumber party in mama's room last night. The girls slept on the floor in their sleeping bags (well, actually, M-Moo wound up in my bed) and they were, of course, all up at the crack of dawn this morning.

We decided to have a "jammie" day, and all stayed in our pajamas all day. This morning we made cinnamon apple bread, and ate the whole loaf for breakfast, drenched in butter and cinnamon sugar! Ymmmmmm!

Then we spent the morning making bead necklaces and bracelets and cleaning up from various adventures. The girls created a giant snake out of some cups, forks, plates, and napkins. They played "pillow fight," which entails pulling all of the pillows off our window seat and taking turns burying each other in the pillows. Then we did a lot of "stamping."

It was warm enough that we decided to head out to the hot tub. Then by about 2:30 we were hungry, so, still in our pajamas, we headed out to McDonald's and Wendy's (we couldn't agree, so we went to both). By the time we got to the drive-thru, M-Moo and K-Wiggles were both out cold. So Miss D and I had a lovely lunch together once we got home. We woke sisters in time to climb into my bed for a session of watching movies.

Then it was a little more playing and then bed.

Amazingly, I accomplished some stuff today: took all the dining room stuff out of the sideboard and stashed all the art supplies, puzzles, and games in there (we access the dining room stuff maybe twice a year, the other stuff a little more often!); then I took everything out of the drawers in the wetbar and threw out two bags of stuff, counted all the decks of cards (after six, I started throwing them away!), and actually found all our "bar" stuff; then I tackled the silverware drawer in the kitchen, totally reorganized it and the knife drawer and one of the utensil drawers (are you sensing a "drawer" theme here? I did the sock drawers last week!).

So, all in all, it was a good day. Daddy-J gets home tonight, we have family day tomorrow, and then I'm off to Vegas on Sunday!

Oh, and we're still waiting on pictures because the new 'puter that Daddy-J brought up for me to work my pictures on still doesn't have a monitor (the one he brought got confiscated to our bedroom to use as a little TV for playing movies on!). Baby steps!

1 comment: