
I ordered this beautiful pink minky fleece for the contrast. And I ordered some pretty pink and brown polka-dot fabric for Miss D, some ballerina fabric for M-Moo, and some pink stripedy fabric for K-Wiggles (have I ever mentioned that K-Wiggles is absolutely ape over stripes?).
My plan was to spend some quiet evenings leading up to Christmas sewing new bathrobes for the girls.
Needless to say, that didn't happen. The idea of sitting down to sew at the end of a long day with the girls just had me completely overwhelmed, so I never even started.
Thankfully, my mother, G'ma Libby, is a much more talented and efficient seamstress than I. She finished Miss D's bathrobe in under 3 hours total. And the other two were finished in less time than that. I kept her company, sort of, while she made the first one. I wasn't much help, but at least she had someone to talk to and someone to strugle over turning the belt-loops right side out.
Anyway, the finished products are absolutely so stinking adorable I can't stand it. And I have a bunch of all the fabrics left over to do something fun with (no ideas yet what I'll do...).
I took a picture of Miss-D in her new robe, but I'll wait until I have pictures of all three before I post them.


No comments:
Post a Comment