The girls and I went to the South Summit Aquatic and Fitness Center today. I haven't taken the girls there in forever. It was so fun today to be with an almost-5-year-old and two 3-year-olds! They were pretty independent and I didn't have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they weren't drowning every second.
We got there at about 10:15, changed into our suits, and hit the shallow, zero-entry part of the pool. The girls splashed around in the very shallow water, chasing the diving barbells I brought to throw in the water for them.
Amazingly, both Miss-D and K-Wiggles went down the little slide. They made trip after trip after trip! I was so surprised. At the end, even M-Moo went down twice.
After a little while, we borrowed some of the pool's life jackets and headed for the lazy river. All the girls enjoyed the rushing current as we zoomed through the rain showers!
After some jumping to mama in the deep end (Miss-D even wound up jumping on her own, with the life-jacket, and swimming back to the edge on her own!), Miss-D decided that she wanted to go down the big slide. I couldn't take her, 'cuz I had to stay with the littles, so I told her if she wanted to go herself, I would catch her at the bottom.I figured she'd climb up the three flights of stairs and then chicken out. But nope! She actually went up there twice, and twice she came sliding down all by herself!
We all had a great time and came home to a quiet (somewhat exhausted!) afternoon. I'll have to take them there more often!


No comments:
Post a Comment