
I went on a cooking rampage this week. Well, not really. I ripped a few pages of "One Dish Supper Recipes" out of Good Housekeeping, made a grocery list, bought the stuff on the list, and actually made the recipes. Amazingly, they both turned out really well.
The Indian Cauliflower Curry was amazing. Even more amazing was the fact that both M-Moo and K-Wiggles really liked it. They ate half of mine the night I made it, and then tonight they ate a whole bowl each for their dinner. They ASKED for it. So cute!
For once, I made it pretty much exactly according to the recipe. Weird, I know, but it turned out well.
The Shrimp Sausage Gumbo was one that Daddy-J picked out. I'm not a huge gumbo eater (I don't think I've ever ordered it and I know I've never made it) so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Again, I followed the recipe pretty much exactly (wow, I can't get over how strange that is for me). And again, it turned out fantastic. Daddy-J said he thought it was one of the best gumbo's he's ever had. And he orders gumbo when we go out fairly often.The kicker for me: it was even better the second day. I'm not a huge fan of green peppers and it was a little overwhelmingly green-peppery for me the first day. But after sitting for a day, the flavors melded and wowee was it yummy!
Anyway, I'm always looking for new ideas and I think both of these will make it into our permanent rotation.


Even at 6 am they look pretty yummy!
ReplyDelete