Friday, January 30, 2009

More photo prints

Have I mentioned that I'm excited to have my photo printer up and working (I realigned the print cartridges the other day and that fixed whatever alignment problems I had on that one pring of M-Moo) (I also printed a 40-page text document today -- my other printer is on the fritz -- and it spat that out lickety-split). I find, though, that it adds another layer of complexity (read: learning) to edit my photos in Photoshop for printing. All I've done until now is edit photos for the web; totally different.

But while I was searching for this photo of Miss D that I wanted to edit and print and add to my rogue's gallery, I looked through some of my early Photoshop-edited photos. All I can say is "I've come a long way, baby!" Now I want to go back through all those "learning" photographs and re-edit them to suit my new eye and tastes.

Anyway, here's the photo of Miss-D that I printed. It was from our old point and shoot digital camera, so at 8x10 it's actually not as crisp as I would like. But I loved the expression on her face, so I printed it to hang with the other two (of M-Moo and K-Wiggles) and hopefully tomorrow I will hang them on the dining room wall and take a picture to show you all! (Oh yeah, those who received our holiday cards might recognize the photo as one that I used on the card, re-edited).


I also have three more frames that I want to use on that wall to showcase the kids' art projects. Miss-D did a lovely watercolor today that I think would look fantastic framed. And K-Wiggles's scribble pictures are, well, colorful! M-Moo is in more of a "dark" period, where all her artwork comes out over-saturated and, well, dark. But I still think it will be fun to have the kids hang their artwork in the dining room near the pictures. We'll see how it turns out. I've been indecisive about that wall for the whole 2.5 years that we've lived here, so it will be nice to have something there, anything!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of hanging the girls' art projects. I know that Nina has some art that Ethan and Evan (and Austin? I don't remember) did framed and hanging on the stairwell and it looks really nice. They are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete