Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feeling too much like a grownup.

It's been a bad couple of months in the grown-up news department. Thankfully nothing too bad in my immediate family, but my friends, both IRL and online, seem to have had a rash of heavy stuff happening. Between divorces, infidelity, and hospitalizations, the holidays were very rough for some of my friends. And now drug rehab, a domestic violence situation, unemployment, foreclosure, and a death in the family are making things very difficult for some people I care a lot about.

I can't help feeling blessed that I'm not dealing with anything nearly so serious -- though I do wish my kids would stop peeing on the floor! It sometimes feels like I'm way too much of a grownup just knowing that these things are happening in the world, never mind happening to some people who are very important to me. I wish there was more I could do to be helpful or to ease their burdens or make it all go away, even for just a little bit. It's a helpless feeling watching people you care about go through tough times.

*sigh* Sorry for the heavy post, but I just got a lot of bad news today and it's bumming me out. Tomorrow will be another day, right?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the tough stuff going on. I for one know that you are not helpless. Your listening and caring have helped me!

    ReplyDelete