At about 3:20 this afternoon, it suddenly seemed like a good idea to take the girls out for a movie. I looked online and, voila, there was a kids' movie about dogs and a hotel and well, it was at 5:20, perfect. So I threw the girls in the tub (no hair, just very dirty feet from the fieldhouse this morning), wrestled them into their jammies, and off we went.
We stopped at Coldstone for an ice cream dinner (how healthy!?), and hit the movie with about 15 minutes to spare (it's a quirk of mine that I hate to miss the previews -- ask Daddy-J).
We saw Hotel for Dogs. Now remember, we don't have tv, so I know nothing about this movie. I do know that it's a kids' movie, 'cuz my kids have gotten Hotel for Dogs toys in their Happy Meals. Thankfully, the girls are still mostly blissfully unaware that the toys they get in their Happy Meals are marketing gimmicks to get them roped into something else... they just like playing with the puppies!
Anyway, the movie was actually really cute. There were almost no scary bits at all (which is good for my K-Wiggles, who tends to get scared). There was enough going on that M-Moo mostly sat still and paid attention (as much as she ever does at a movie). And Miss D was totally enraptured. She loved the movie.
Oh, and it was my first experience with Zac Efron, who I guess is some kind of tween (or teen?) heartthrob? Cute enough, but not really my type anymore. Reminds me of Rob Lowe or Robbie Benson from back in my day, with a kind of girly-face thing going on.
NEWay, all that is just to say that we had a good time at the movies, enjoyed Hotel for Dogs, and now they're all three fast asleep in Miss D's room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment