This is a real-life conversation that occurred in my car yesterday (G'pa Larry can attest, he was there).
Miss-D: "K-Wiggles, say 'M-Moo, you're a poo poo head.'"
K-Wiggles: "M-Moo, you're a poo poo head."
M-Moo (very upset!): "No I'm not."
Miss-D: "M-Moo, say "K-Wiggles, you're a ta ta head.'"
K-Wiggles (very upset!): "No I'm not."
Miss-D: "K-Wiggles, say 'M-Moo, you're a loo loo head.'"
K-Wiggles: "M-Moo, you're a loo loo head."
M-Moo (very upset!): "No I'm not."
Miss-D: "M-Moo, say 'K-Wiggles, you're a doody head.'"
M-Moo: "K-Wiggles, you're a doody head."
K-Wiggles (very upset!): "No I'm not."
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Can you see where this is going? Seriously, I love when Miss-D channels me and tries to help one of her sisters work out a problem with words. She's getting pretty good at it, and sometimes it even works.
But why oh why does she feel the need to teach them how to fight and call each other names? As if they don't somehow already know how to do that?! Ay-yi-yi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I hate to burst your bubble and tell you that this is not original ... but where do you suppose the saying "sticks and stones will break your bones but names will never hurt you" comes from? It seems to be part of the human condition to want to/have to name everything, even though sometimes our naming is not very complimentary!
ReplyDelete