Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tubing at Soldier Hollow

G'pa Larry and I took the girls tubing at Soldier Hollow today. In all my years of living up here in a ski town, I've never ponied up the money to go tubing. But boy oh boy did we have fun today. We went for the full two-hour session from 12:00 noon to 2:00. I lost count of how many runs we did, but it was a bunch!

I, of course, got an amazing workout dragging the littles up the hill. Can anyone explain to me why they built the lift and the tubing hill so that the bottom of the hill doesn't meet the bottom of the lift (you have to hike up to the lift) and the top of the lift doesn't reach the top of the hill (again, you have to hike up to the top of the hill)? I mean, if you're going to pay all that money to put in a lift, or pay all that money to use the lift, it ought to take you from where you are to where you need to go, y'know?

Anyway. There was no line (gotta love Wasatch County on a Sunday) and the girls had a blast. We went down the hill in just about every combination you could imagine (though I think ultimately M-Moo may have been the only one to go down alone, several times). The lifties and attendants were very helpful, and even a couple of dads or g'pas took pity on my sad self and helped lug the littles up the hill. M-Moo, for the second day in a row, took a digger on her face (fell out of the tube coming off the lift), but she was a trooper and only cried for a minute or so.

By the end, everyone had wet their pants (ok, except me and G'pa!), but we all had such a fun time. We will definitely have to go back. Oh, and it didn't hurt that today was 35 degrees and sunny sunny sunny! What a beautiful spot for a tubing hill, too.

P.S. What a game, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment