Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunting

The girls, Daddy J, Mama V, and Grampa Larry decided to go Christmas Tree Hunting today. Above is the first tree Miss D decided she wanted to take home... this one was maybe 100 yards off the road. When we told her it was too small, she told us she wanted to have it for her room!

It was a great day for taking pictures. Even though I find it virtually impossible to get both of my twins to look at the camera with a decent expression on their faces at the same time, I still keep trying!

Miss D and Grampa Larry threw quite a few snowballs at each other!

K-Wiggles wasn't too keen on hiking in the snow... so she decided the all-fours position was best!

We finally found our tree (or got tired of hiking uphill) and M-Moo decided to commune with it for a moment.

Daddy J and Miss D got busy cutting that tree down.

Then everybody decided to get in on the action (look closely, you can see the saw in there somewhere, I swear!).

Cutting the tree was really a lot of fun, I guess!

Miss D took a break for a moment to pose for Mama's camera!

Grampa needed a moment of rest before we headed back down the hill with the tree.

Good thing Mama-V had suggested we hike "up" the hill to get the tree so that we could hike "down" the hill with the tree at the end!

What are those crazy guys up to, anyway?!

By the time we got back to the car, Miss D was so hungry she ate a dog biscuit!

Safely secured to the top of the car (well, sort of), our little tree made its way to our home!



Oh, and Daddy-J just had to stop and take a picture of this cobblestone creek he's always loved!

The last time Mama-V and Daddy-J went Christmas tree hunting was nine years ago. It was a ton of fun then, and it was even more fun now. The kids really enjoyed themselves and our tree looks and smells so wonderful. And I had a really great time with my camera. I'm so happy with the outdoor shots I got today.

Maybe I'll put up pics of the decorated tree tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. All Great Shots... and how fun... and look at all the snow, my goodness...
    Even Grandpa looked like he was enjoying the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun. And you did get lots of great shots. You really captured the feeling of the day. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete