Things have been, well, busy. Truth-be-told, I've been uninspired to blog the last week or so. I haven't had time to take any pictures, and even if I did, I haven't had any time to upload them or edit them. I always feel the blog is better when there are pics.
So what have we been up to? The girls went back to school on Monday. Their Uncle Marc from Michigan flew in on Saturday and has been entertaining the girls to no end. Too bad the snow has been totally crappy for his visit. He's been snowboarding anyway, but it has definitely not been the best conditions.
As tradition dictates, Uncle Marc, Daddy J and I went out for Sushi on Monday night. We went to a new place that just opened a while back that we haven't tried before. It didn't bode well when we were the only patrons in the place and the TV was on an blaring! But we asked them to turn it off and put on some music, then some more patrons showed up and it got better. The food was absolutely fantastic. Marc and I both love sashimi, and the portions at this place were absolutely gigantic! And the rolls we had were really good too. And finally, the place passed Daddy J's ultimate test -- the chef created a special non-menu roll for us that was terrific! All that and the price was about half what we're used to paying on our sushi pigouts!
Today was the Chinese luncheon at the girls' school. They have been studying Asia this month. Daddy J signed up to cook the stir fry for the luncheon (ok, I signed him up, but he went). I bought him a new electric wok for Valentine's Day so he would have one for the luncheon (he loves to stir fry, and the electric gets so much hotter than a wok on the stove). The kids chopped all the vegetables and Daddy J stir fried away. Other families brought homemade potstickers, homemade spring rolls, a chicken dish, rice, green tea, and a bunch of different sauces. The kids seemed to really enjoy it!
The kids have also been studying the orchestra this month, so I got tickets to take Miss D to the Lollipops concert that the Utah Symphony puts on for kids in March. We'll go early and go to the "instrument petting zoo" that they set up in the lobby to let the kids try the different instruments before the concert. The theme is "cowboys," so it should be interesting.
And that's about all that's been going on, besides work, which you definitely don't want to hear about. There you go... three days of posts, all in one post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Good to hear from you! I guess I'm pretty addicted to your posts - I certainly miss hearing about your life when you don't post.
ReplyDeleteThe sushi place sounds good - put it on the list of places to go when I next visit.