Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First photo shoot with the new camera!

So my new Nikon D40 arrived via UPS truck last night. I spent some time last night (while the battery was charging) going through Ken Rockwell's very handy guide to the D40. I learned a lot about how the camera works and what it's good at (and what it's not!).

After lunch today, the girls decided to get all dolled up in their dressups and have a tea party. Rather than wasting time in front of the computer (like I usually do when they are otherwise engaged), I grabbed my camera and decided to sit, watch, and shoot.

I definitely have a lot to learn, but I think I got a couple of shots today that, with a little post-production work (which I'm also learning at a fast and furious pace) turned out ok.

First up, a shot of Miss D.






Next up, M-Moo.



And K-Wiggles.





And finally, the tea party.


3 comments:

  1. Very cute. Looks like you'll have a lot of fun with that new toy.

    We love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pics!! Have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete