I've been wanting to re-organize the girls' play "house" (really the closet under our stairs that G'Pa Irv finished off for the girls and it houses their play kitchen) for a long time. I'm tired of all the dressups being all over the floor in there so they can't even get to the play kitchen.
So a few weeks ago, I bought a whole bunch of stick-on hooks at Home Depot, thinking I'd use those in the play house to give the girls a place to hang up all their dressups.
After thinking about it for a while, I decided to get the dressups out of the play house altogether. So I commandeered a closet in the exercise room, put 30-odd hooks on the wall inside, and the girls, Daddy-J, and I spent a good part of the morning going through their dressups, moving them to the new closet, hanging them all up, and making a pile of stuff that doesn't fit any more to donate (not sure where to donate used dressups, but that's another issue!).
I haven't taken any pics of the new dressup area as it's still a bit of a mess down there. We ran out of steam around lunch time, and then I went over to G'Pa Larry's to watch the football game. By the time I got home, it was dinner and bed for the kids, hockey for Daddy-J, and I'm thinking I'll just get in my jammies (warm out of the dryer!) and read my book until I fall asleep, which shouldn't take long.
Maybe I'll get motivated and take some pictures of the play house and new dressup closet tomorrow (if I get it all sorted out... let's hope!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nice to hear about the playroom work! Hope there is a list for me to do.
ReplyDeleteLove
Irv